Online Progress Tracking Map
Disclaimer: The data on the webmap will be updated as progress is reported
THE TOWN OF JAMES ISLAND BRANTLEY PARK GROUNDBREAKING
“This park is a great step forward in our joint efforts to reimagine Folly Road to a more walkable and green corridor, as well as our efforts to improve and protect the water quality of James Island Creek.” Mayor Woolsey, November 1, 2021
- Plan adopted
- Overlay district adopted
- Steering Committee established
- Phase 1 project planning and design begins
- Program management consultant hired
- Recommendations prioritized
- Steering Committee operating agreement adopted
- New branding created
- Independent website launched
- First State of the Plan event held
- Funding secured for pedestrian improvements at Folly /Fort Johnson
- Multi-use path requirement added to overlay district in three jurisdictions
- Multi-use path design guidance created
- Anticipated …
- Business and property owner group to be established
- Second State of the Plan event to be held
- Design of pedestrian improvements at Folly /Fort Johnson to begin
Phase 2 location identified from George Griffith Blvd. to S. Grimball Road.
Ongoing meetings to establish Beach Shuttle Survey, identify location of next phase, planning and preparation of TST application.
In-person meetings re-established.
Community event planned alongside Charleston Moves to reignite the Plan and gather input for future phases.
For questions about the Rethink Folly Road Plan, please contact:
Flannery Antinoro, Town of James Island | firstname.lastname@example.org